Introduction

Hello guys!

My name is Bruce. When I was 17, I came to Canada alone to study. I lived in Vancouver for four years and it was like a second hometown to me. I finished my high school in Vancouver, then I came to Victoria to get my bachelor degree. This is my 4th year in UVic, and I plan to graduate next June 2025. I can speak Mandarin and English. For this semester, I will be in Victoria all the time, so I am available to meet with my future teammates for the group works. My major is economics and I kind of like my major. I enjoyed my junior year very much, which also allowed me to have a deeper contact with economics.

I enjoy in music and science fiction movie. I also fell in love with photography in the last semester and have been collecting some film cameras. So that’s why AE 319 is also one of my favorite classes in UVic(I highly recommend to take it). Ever since I fell in love with photography, I’ve been obsessed with traveling. If I had to choose a place to do my graduation trip, I would choose Iceland without hesitation, because I like the scenery there so much.

Meanwhile, I consider myself an introvert which influences my communication style and preference for working during quiet late-night hours around midnight specifically. Being in the PST time zone allows me to focus without distractions at this time of day enabling me to produce my best academic work. When faced with challenges or when upset, I tend to keep my feelings to myself rather than sharing them with others. This introspective nature can sometimes make it difficult for peers to understand my perspective or know when I need support.

Moreover, One aspect of group work that I particularly enjoy is the opportunity to collaborate with others. Working on a project alongside peers is incredibly rewarding as it brings together diverse ideas and fosters creativity. At this time there are no specific dislikes about group work that come immediately come mind but overall looking forward contributing positively within our Learning Pod by understanding each other’s communication styles and preferences so we can create a productive supportive team environment.”