Research on Social Media and Learning Communities:

For the group project, we focusing on the theme of ‘personalized learning in the Khan Academy learning community’. This involves researching how Khan Academy uses social media platforms to support personalized learning experiences and community engagement. And, the main social media platform I am using for this research is YouTube. Khan Academy extensively utilizes YouTube to share its educational content and interact with the learning community.

Building Your Personal Learning Network (PLN):

To build my Personal Learning Network (PLN), I mainly use Reddit and discord. But here I am just want to discuss in Reddit. In my opinion, Reddit is a great platform to connect with educators, participate in discussions, and stay up to date on the latest trends and insights in education. By following different channels, it’s easy to see that reddit is full of educators, researchers, and education enthusiasts, and they can share their knowledge, experience and resources. In addition, I can also conduct in-depth conversation with others in the form of discussion, so that I can learn a lot of knowledge.

Setting Professional Goals and Engaging with the Community:

For me, Reddit has proven to be a valuable platform due to its diverse and active educational community. Setting personal and professional goals is super important for growing my PLN. I like to set specific, doable goals for my PLN activities, like participate in at least one discussion thread per week and sharing useful content or resources every month. These goals help me stay active and involved in the community. When I’m on Reddit, I ask questions, share my experiences, and give advice in relevant subreddits. By joining discussions and giving feedback on other people’s posts, I can make strong connections with educators and pick up some great insights from them. By continuing to participate in these activities, I aim to supplement my knowledge, solve problems that I have problem with, and continuously improve my practical ability.

Protecting Your Information and Ensuring Ethical Behavior:

To protect my information and ensure ethical behavior in my Personal Learning Network (PLN), I follow a few key practices. First, I regularly check and update the privacy settings on all my social media accounts to control who can see my information and posts. Additionally, I’m careful about sharing personal information online and limit it to what’s necessary. I adhere to ethical guidelines, give credit to original content creators, avoid plagiarism, and respect others’ privacy.

Privacy Concerns and Online Participation:

It is worth to mention that privacy issues do affect my willingness to join online communities and share information. I’m cautious about the platforms I choose and prefer those with strong privacy policies and data protection measures. With caution and awareness, I can confidently participate in online communities, ensuring that my involvement is both safe and productive. These measures help me strike a balance between reaping the benefits of joining PLN while protecting personal information needs.